[mythtv-users] 2 problems...

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Fri Dec 26 19:56:02 UTC 2008

Im running the latest SVN from 21.

I have two problems.
    (1) When the Frontend comes up (or mythtv-setup from the frontend)
there are the initial 'scaling' bars on the (blue) screen, and then the
screen goes BLACK.  Its as if some image for the screen is just missing.

I decided to update the OS, and saved the mysql Database, installed in
a new partition, brought up mysql, restored the database, rebuilt
mythtv (so if something were missing it should get replaced), and
I HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM.  A BLACK SCREEN.  I can play around
with the up and down keys, hit ENTER, and I will get somewhere, so it
seems things are still working, but I have no Idea where Im going till
I get there.

ANY IDEAS?????

    (2) With this new instllation (and the saved database), when
mythbackend starts, I see the messages:

    DVBChan(4:0) Error: Opening DVB frontend device failed.
    eno: No such file or directory (2)

and twice more with different () for the other two tuners.

Since this is the same machine, I dont see why this stuff should have
changed.  But did it?  Do I need to do a virgin restart? And if so
is there any of recovering what is out on disk, or do I need to blow
that away???

Any help would be appreciated.

--
                                        Reg.Clemens