[mythtv-users] What is best way to use ipod touch as remote for mythtv?

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 19:03:51 UTC 2008

> On Dec 26, 2008, at 9:30 AM, "Allen Edwards" <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> I want to control MythTV using a G2 ipod touch over wifi.
>
> The most supported thing I can find is Mymote.
>
> Something less supported but promising and perhaps simpler is:
>  <http://www.legatissimo.info/node/355>
> http://www.legatissimo.info/node/355
>
> I like simple but I also like supported so not sure which of these would be
> better.
>
> If anyone is using either of these or perhaps another application and can
> share their experience, I would appreciate it.
>
> I'm using a G1 iPod Touch. I grabbed  both MyMote and RRgh from the app
store. I could never get MyMote to work with my Myth frontends. I posted
something on the mailing list with my issues and the developer asked me a
bunch of questions I had already covered in the post. RRgh works although
the interface can be a little clunky.

The one issue with these remotes is the lag of the iPod itself. It takes a
good ten seconds after being switched on to attach to the wireless network.
No fault of the applications but still a little annoying if you're looking
for an instant channel-changing solution.