[mythtv-users] Patching .21-fixes for HDPVR

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Thu Dec 25 20:11:11 UTC 2008

Robert McNamara <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> says:
> Please *do not* write any more documentation on taking this path.

[...]

> For clarity, not jumping down *your* throat per se, but I feel the
> need to address this before it gets any more out of hand than it
> already is.

As the one who wrote the message Michael replied to, in my defense I
was merely pointing to others' work on the topic. I nonetheless
apologize for implying in any way that the manually-patching-fixes
method is anything other than "at your own risk," and unusually
so. Heck, I have not yet gone ahead and patched my own fixes setup,
although for the reasons I list at
<URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/360000#360000>
as opposed to not understanding the caveat emptor inherent to the
approach.

I agree that obscuring the steps to this particular issue by making
the interested search a bit in the mailing-list archive will to some
degree keep out the riffraff, so to speak. I do hope that continued
clues will be dropped on the list as needed so the truly courageous
and pure-in-heart really are indeed able to ultimately identify all of
said steps.

("Why," I can hear the crowd ask, "wouldn't the courageous and
pure-in-heart simply move to trunk?" Speaking only for myself, it's
because I am quite happy with 0.21-fixes as it stands, know how to
manually patch, and am interested in gaining the HD-PVR support while
changing nothing else in my MythTV setup. Again, caveat emptor.)

--
Frontend:		P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array