[mythtv-users] Upgade to FC10 results in reboot loop

Marko Nurmenniemi marko.nurmenniemi at kolumbus.fi
Thu Dec 25 06:50:03 UTC 2008

Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> Marko Nurmenniemi wrote:
>>> Same thing.
>>>
>>> Good luck!
>> Go down a bit and it finds those in the end
>
> ?
> Do you still have these things in Xorg.0.log saying that there is no
> keyboard/mouse?
> Or what is the situation?
>
>> does the evdev somehow screw things?
>
> evdev?
> I don't use that and I had to add that xorg.conf suggestion I posted.
>
> Udo

So after a bit of poking around I found some bugzilla errors that
matched my problem.

It seems that Intel driver for F10 has "EXA" mode as default, meaning
also the situation it auto detects the driver like in my case.
By forcing this mode to "XAA" all my problems went away. For the
specifics what is EXA or XAA you need ask someone else...

I now have a xorg.conf for both systems (Intel/Radeon) which have these
lines in them

Section "Device"
	Identifier  "Videocard0"
	Driver      "intel/Radeon" depending on the system
	Option      "AccelMethod" "XAA"
EndSection

I see nothing major in the logs now.

-Marko