[mythtv-users] linux, dnsmasq, and HD HomeRun

Geoffrey Leach geoff at hughes.net
Tue Dec 23 23:19:53 UTC 2008

If anyone is using the dnsmasq DHCP server to give an HD HomeRun its IP
address, I'd appreciate some assistance.

Here's the setup.

I'm attempting to configure dnsmasq to provide an IP address for the
HDHR connected to the ethernet port, eth0. There's a wireless router as
well.

/etc/hosts
192.168.10.5 hdhr.mtranch.com hdhr

/etc/dnsmasq.conf changes
dhcp-host=00:18:DD:01:4A:E7,192.168.10.5,hdhr,infinite

NetworkManager is used to connect to the local network via the wireless
connect. It.s at 192.168.10.1

The HDHR sits with its connect led blinking