[mythtv-users] Upgade to FC10 results in reboot loop

Marko Nurmenniemi marko.nurmenniemi at kolumbus.fi
Tue Dec 23 18:13:03 UTC 2008

Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> Marko Nurmenniemi wrote:
>> After updating (last weekend) my IBM X31 (radeon) has stopped to boot
>> into X. Worked fine until then in F10.
>
> init 5 ?
Laptop was a fresh install to Fedora 10 not an upgrade from previous.
There is no xorg.conf. The update was to an existing system which has
been F10 since the beta's. It has been running nicely until last
weekend. Haven't (yet) started to downgrade to see if would fix the
situation.

I'm now booting temporarily to 3. In 5 I get the login screen (kinda)
but nothing works and it locks the X totally, none of the other screen
work either. Power button is the only answer after this.

http://nurmenniemi.homeip.net/mythweb/Xorg.0.log.Radeon_Mobility_M6_LY

>> vesa-driver as the correct (intel) is not functional.

This is an upgrade from F9 tp F10 immediately after upgrade this problem
was there. After adding the vesa generic driver it now works. Not too
fast naturally.

I'm able to boot directly to 5 with VESA but logoff causes freese.

http://nurmenniemi.homeip.net/mythweb/Xorg.0.log.Intel_82845G