[mythtv-users] To "Live TV" or not to "Live TV" within myth...

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Tue Dec 23 17:33:30 UTC 2008

Brian Wood wrote:
> I think it is pretty well established that the devs working on MythTV are not
> motivated by money.

Frankly, unless they're corporate-supported, most open-source bounties
are not nearly high enough on a dollars/hour basis to entice anyone who
has a day job and wouldn't be otherwise working on the problem.

Asterisk has had good results with bounties but that's because they had
some companies who wanted to use the software, needed specific features,
and were prepared to pay for them.