[mythtv-users] Fast or Slow deletes ???

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Dec 23 06:38:13 UTC 2008

On 12/22/2008 11:26 PM, Jonny B wrote:
> All my recordings drives use XFS. I've never had any problems with
> deletes, though I do still have slow delete enabled for the rare
> occasions that I turn on the slave backend (which has an EXT3 local
> storage group before it starts aiming at the NFS drives which are all
> XFS).

You know that the setting is a per-host setting?  you can enable it on
the remote backend only, and as long as you don't enable:

Master Backend Override
If enabled, the master backend will stream and delete files if it finds
them in the video directory. Useful if you are using a central storage
location, like a NFS share, and your slave backend isn't running.

it will delete things correctly.

Mike