[mythtv-users] NVIDIA 180.16 Beta Linux Driver

Andy Zobro ajzobro at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 01:44:17 UTC 2008

>>  I noticed other reports in the wiki (here:
>>  http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/VDPAU) that suggest that others
>>  have been able to upgrade the driver and have it work.

> <Prepares for angry reaction>
>
> You're running trunk, so you're following the dev and commits lists,
> right?  Because the reason for your issue is right there...

I deserved that.  And though my reasoning will not go far in light of
your observation, I would like to counter with the fact that the wiki
says that an older revision of trunk works with the newer driver.  I
fully understand that the wiki should not be relied upon as the final
word.

To all others who might be on one, but not all, mailing lists, here's
the post that says I should upgrade trunk if I wish to use 180.16 (or
does it say just the opposite -- if you want to use trunk you need
180.16...):  http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/361701

To stifle any more angry responses, I've signed up for both mailing
lists and shamefully admit that I had not done so prior to installing
and using trunk.

- AZ