[mythtv-users] VDPAU Video Cards, 8xxx vs 9xxx ?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Dec 22 22:09:41 UTC 2008

On Monday 22 December 2008 15:00:51 Brian Wood wrote:

> Also says:
>
> Hardware Decode Acceleration
> and
> Dual Stream Decode Acceleration
>
> Not sure what the last means, but it can't hurt I guess.

Investigating further, the maker's specs say it can decode 2 HD streams, for
PiP as an example.

The "bad edit correction" seems to indicate it can correct bad color framing.

Supports up to 1080p, also is HDCP capable.

These are all probably just features of the chip, and not specific to this
particular card.

Seems like it ought to work well, assuming I find room for that heatsink.

--
beww
beww at beww.org