[mythtv-users] Surround Sound Amplifier System with Analog inputs

jonny Linux jonnylinux at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 22:06:17 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have a SBLive Platinum 5.1 sound card, with a fairly basic set of
speakers which I'm driving from 3 separate 3.5mm jacks. I'm thinking
of getting a Home Cinema system, which would allow me to control the
amplifier by remote control, and also play media without my combined
Frontend/Backend being on all the time. I'm thinking of something like
the LG HT303SU, but from looking at the specifications of it, I don't
think I'll be able to connect all of my 5.1 channels as an input. Does
anybody know of a system which would allow me to plug in all 5.1
channels into it via 3 3.5mm jacks?

Thanks,

Jonny