[mythtv-users] MythTV records but doesn't write to disk...

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Mon Dec 22 21:58:46 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-12-15 at 08:33 -0700, Brian Wood wrote:
> On Monday 15 December 2008 08:16:24 Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> If a station is off the air, it might well come back up in the middle of a
> program, and you might want to record what's left of the program.

Bingo! This is why we start "recording" DVB even when there is no signal
and hence no data. Some stations have a habit of being off-air until
the first prime-time programming of the evening. So say MythTV has a
5 minute pre-roll and the clock at the station is running 1 minute late,
then we will not see data until the 6th minute after we start recording.
There is a feature request ticket open for detecting when a whole
program has gone by without any data being collected, #3872. Stuart M
added it to his queue for 0.22 several months ago. I don't know if he
will actually get to it before 0.22, but he considers it a "critical
enhancement" so my only guess is he will try really hard to implement
it in time for the next release.

-- Daniel