[mythtv-users] Output 1080i?

David Knight dlknight at sdf.lonestar.org
Mon Dec 22 09:26:10 UTC 2008

On Sun, December 21, 2008 9:49 pm, Asfand Yar Qazi wrote:
> See here:
> http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=1875704
>
> I'm having the same problem.  Don't know how to fix it, I think it's
> nVidia's fault.  I've submitted a bug report, but really don't know
> if/when it will be fixed.  Obviously, I get full 1080p under Windows,
> which is really annoying.
>
> If you weren't using HDMI audio, you'd be able to get around the
> problem like I did with a forced custom modeline.  But it seems you
> are using HDMI audio.  Touch luck.  An ATi GFX card would work, but
> has no xv support; nvidia does have xv support, but doesn't manage
> 1080p.  What a joke.  Although this is probably specific to this
> particular brand of TV.

Have you tried something similar to the following ? -

SubSection     "Display"

        #          1080p           720p            480p
        Depth       24
        Modes      "1920x1080_60" "1280x720_60" "720x480_60"
EndSubSection

Works like a charm on my Panasonic 42PX80 (using GeForce 8300 chipset), I
don't have any custom modelines configured. See here -
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/ComponentOut.

Dave