[mythtv-users] ATI Remote Wonder Plus

Andy Zobro ajzobro at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 06:16:26 UTC 2008

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 9:22 PM, Andrew Grover <andy.grover at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a patch that could be incorporated upstream, so it'll work
> out of the box in the future?
>
> Regards -- Andy

Turns out that what I ended up doing is pretty much what the wiki said:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/ATI_Remote_Wonder_Plus

I'm not a huge fan of the keycodes that are being simulated by the
version I compiled, but I believe those can be changed in the module
code.

I probably would have had greater success earlier on if it weren't for
this silly Ubuntu 8.10 setup that I ended up with.  (In other words,
if I'd been able to just compile the module and not the whole kernel
-- but I couldn't cause the source that apt fed me wasn't identical to
the running kernel even though apt said they should be)

At any rate, Andy, I believe the module patch has been submitted but
required more testing.  More details can be found here:

http://mythtv.wbond.net/remote_wonder_plus_linux/

I've got some more modifications I'd like to make before I post any
patches.  And, since I don't fully comprehend what I've really done in
the code by applying patches and code changes suggested by others, I'm
a little leary about posting my solution without disclaimer.

- AZ