[mythtv-users] ATI Remote Wonder Plus

Andy Zobro ajzobro at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 02:54:29 UTC 2008

After the most painful kernel compiles of my life...  I am happy to
say that the RWP does finally work using a modified ati_remote kernel
driver.

For whatever reason, the headers and source that are in the current
ubuntu repository say they are 2.6.27.9 but when compiled they say
2.6.27.2 -- so basically unless you compile the whole thing the custom
modules aren't matching the kernel.

Anyway, that's mostly irrelevant since in the end, when I finally got
a matching kernel and module version and the patches were applied, the
remote works (like a keyboard *and* mouse).

I am hopeful that I can take this one step futher now and get the
system to sleep and wake from usb.  :-)

Thanks to everyone who responded and helped me better understand the
many ways that are available to get this remote working!

- AZ