[mythtv-users] To "Live TV" or not to "Live TV" within myth...

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 02:24:37 UTC 2008

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 2:16 PM, Phil Bridges <gravityhammer at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 8:01 PM, Steve Hodge <stevehodge at gmail.com> wrote:
> > But that's beside the point. It is not difficult to handle overruns with
> > scheduled recordings (in fact I seem to remember some talk of a script to
> > automatically handle sports overruns). You may prefer to use Live TV for
> > sports, that's fine. But you're not going to convince people who don't
> use
> > Live TV that your way is the best way, including the devs.
> >

> If it's beside the point, why mention it?  I'm not trying to "convince
> people who don't use Live TV that [my] way is the best way"; on the
> contrary, I'm trying to keep people from knocking LiveTV (and the
> people who are using it or trying to use it) nearly every time
> somebody asks a question about it.

A question is only going to be answered three ways:
1. "Yes, there's a solution, here it is."
2. "Have you considered not using Live TV since it doesn't do what you
want?" Which is an answer you don't like.
3. "Fix it yourself." Which is also an answer that is often not received
well.

So what exactly do you want us to say if there is no solution?

Regards,
Steve