[mythtv-users] To "Live TV" or not to "Live TV" within myth...

Phil Bridges gravityhammer at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 01:16:09 UTC 2008

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 8:01 PM, Steve Hodge <stevehodge at gmail.com> wrote:

> Correct. Believe or not there are a lot of Myth users who live outside North
> America.

Really?  Who'd a thunk that??!?! </sarcasm>

> But that's beside the point. It is not difficult to handle overruns with
> scheduled recordings (in fact I seem to remember some talk of a script to
> automatically handle sports overruns). You may prefer to use Live TV for
> sports, that's fine. But you're not going to convince people who don't use
> Live TV that your way is the best way, including the devs.

If it's beside the point, why mention it?  I'm not trying to "convince
people who don't use Live TV that [my] way is the best way"; on the
contrary, I'm trying to keep people from knocking LiveTV (and the
people who are using it or trying to use it) nearly every time
somebody asks a question about it.