[mythtv-users] To "Live TV" or not to "Live TV" within myth...

Matt S. skd5aner at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 00:29:22 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 7:21 PM, Brad DerManouelian
<myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
> On Dec 19, 2008, at 4:14 PM, Brian Wood wrote:
>
>> On Friday 19 December 2008 16:54:03 Matt S. wrote:
>> em 2 years
>>

>>> What about super bowl parties?  Do you want to explain to your
>>> friends
>>> they should wait two hours so it can automatically skip some
>>> commercials by the time you get to the end?  Lots of folks actually
>>> want to watch those commercials too.
>>
>> Anything faster than a Commodore 64 can have the commercials flagged
>> just
>> minutes after the game ends, and watchable flagged portions just
>> minutes
>> after it begins.
>>
>> I actually inverted the flagging in order to get just the
>> commercials, which
>> can be interesting. I had no interest at all in the game iself.
>
> I can already tell this thread is going off topic faster than even
> most others, so I'll just say LiveTV works for me and most people. If
> the original poster is having a problem, it's not one that I'm
> experiencing which makes it either a hardware or configuration issue
> unique to his system. Log files and full system specs are the first
> step to solving the problem.

Actually - I split this into it's own thread for that very reason - I
wanted to reply about the comment regarding Live TV vs DVR in a new
thread so the original poster in the old thread could get his problem
fixed.  No worries here - this thread was specifically spun off to
handle the topic change.

Thanks!
Matt