[mythtv-users] Trunk or built

Nick F nikos.f at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 19:35:27 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 12:48 PM, Paulin <paulin at spextreme.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm looking to get the latest trunk version of Myth (Mainly for the VDPAU
> support).  I'm wondering if anyone already has it compiled and available as
> a .deb package or available in an apt-get repository.  If so that would be
> appriciated since I'm not sure how to build it (haven't looked yet).
>
> Secondary question is, where can I get the source (Where is the
> repository?) and is there any information available on how to build it.
>
> There are links in the wiki that step you through building from source.
This one for Fedora
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Installing_MythTV_SVN_on_Fedora_Core is
very good.

I would suggest first building your own 0.21-fixes branch, and see how you
get on with that before jumping on the trunk train.  I used to run trunk
until 0.21 was released, and used that as an opportunity to step off and go
with a regular release (the databases for trunk and 0.21 were the same for a
brief period making the transition possible).

Although I had no (major) issues while I was using trunk pre 0.21, I've not
hopped back on.  Even though I'm running fixes, I still watch the -dev and
-commits, and it seems too fluid for me right now (my wife would kill me if
the TV became unstable again).  When the qt4 transition seems to be
complete, mythui completely embedded, I'll probably take the risk - but for
me that time has not come yet.  If I was single, I'd be all over trunk
though!