[mythtv-users] Commercial Flagging weirdness

Phil Bridges gravityhammer at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 16:38:12 UTC 2008

I've noticed some really weird commercial flagging recently.  For
example, a show I was watching last night (off an analog channel)
first skipped 17 seconds, then 0 seconds, then 49 seconds, then 17
seconds, then the rest of the commercials.  I've noticed this happen
with a few shows on both analog and digital sources, so I'm betting
it's the commercial flagger process that's acting odd.  I optimize the
database daily, so I don't think it's a corrupt DB issue.

Anybody else seeing this sort of stuff?

I'm running the Gentoo MythTV packages.  Version numbers are below:

Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : 18314
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1
Network Protocol : 40
Options compiled in:
 linux profile using_oss using_alsa using_jack using_backend
using_dbox2 using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun
using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libfftw3
using_opengl_vsync using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv
using_xvmc using_xvmcw using_glx_proc_addr_arb using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads
using_libavc_5_3 using_live