[mythtv-users] ringbuf in memory?

Scott Harris scott at webhounds.net
Fri Dec 19 05:12:06 UTC 2008

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 12/18/2008 08:54 PM, Scott Harris wrote:
>
>>  but it still
>> suffers from
>> random 3-10 second hangs in between key presses (not consistent, and irw
>> shows the keys received)
>>

> That sounds like an issue (
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/356391#356391 )
> that was fixed in 0.21-fixes in r19222 (2 weeks ago).  If you're running
> an earlier version of -fixes, you may want to see if there's an upgrade
> available.

Thanks, I'll check to see if there is a later release available.  I'm
using atrpms and am running

mythtv-frontend-0.21-198.fc10.x86_64
mythtv-backend-0.21-198.fc10.x86_64
libmythtv-0.21_0-0.21-198.fc10.x86_64
mythtv-0.21-198.fc10.x86_64

This is the main system in the house so running a development version it
can be difficult to
keep the WAF high if there are a lot of segfaults.

>> I have three different physical disks in this system and have tried the
>> DB on
>> all of them.  I'm pretty certain that isn't the problem.  This is a
>> pretty beefy
>> system: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+ running
>> 2.6.27.7-134.fc10.x86_64 with 6Gb of ram.
>>
>> Interesting enough, I've tweaked HD so that 1080p mkv files play back with
>> less than .25.  This is with the coreavc stuff, but still, SD
>> live/recorded TV
>> shouldn't be killing this system as much as it is with loads over 2.
>>

> Yeah, there's definitely a misconfiguration there--that system shouldn't
> even realize when you're watching LiveTV.  Again, though, I don't think
> it has anything to do with the reading/writing of the video.

I'm definitely not advocating that it is the rw of the video, I'm just
grasping at straws in
hopes that perhaps something that one wouldn't normally think about
could be the issue.

Thanks again for the reply.

Scott