[mythtv-users] ATI Remote Wonder Plus

jansenj jansenj+myth at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 17:19:40 UTC 2008

> When it comes to the ATI Remote Wonder, lirc_atiusb and ati_remote are 2
> different ways of using the remote that cannot be mixed.  I'm guessing
> that's true, also, with the RW+.
>
> They are mutually exclusive.  ati_remote.c is the module you would use to
use it as a keyboard/mouse

Then I just recompile the ati_remote module, not the whole list of them.  so
I have an remote directory in my home directory that contains the source
file, a makefile, and an install script.  May not be perfect, but it is what
I use, but again, I have to blacklist the lirc_atiusb module, and not use
lirc with the remote.

Makefile
obj-m    := ati_remote.o

KDIR    := /lib/modules/$(shell uname -r)/build
PWD    := $(shell pwd)

default:
        $(MAKE) -C $(KDIR) SUBDIRS=$(PWD) modules

install.sh
#!/bin/sh
install -m 644 ati_remote.ko /lib/modules/`uname
-r`/kernel/drivers/input/misc
/sbin/depmod -a