[mythtv-users] Database update schema error with trunk utf8

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 20:44:15 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 11:11 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> If I'm correct about -latin1 disabling latin1 support, is that a
> standard flag used on Gentoo systems?  If so, you're likely not the only
> one who will experience this problem (and I'd now guess that the users
> commenting on #5070 had the exact same problem).
>
> Mike

I use Gentoo.  Mine has that USE flag disabled as well.  That doesn't
disable latin1 support as far as I can see...I believe it just affects
the default encoding.:

equery uses mysql
- - latin1      : Use LATIN1 encoding instead of UTF8

SHOW CHARSET LIKE 'latin1%'

| Charset | Description          | Default collation | Maxlen |
| latin1  | cp1252 West European | latin1_swedish_ci |      1 |