[mythtv-users] 0.00MB recordings...

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 18:41:22 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 10:52 AM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:
>> i'll have to check that tonight when i check the logs (if the 0MB
>> recordings are all happening from the same card).  good thought.  i do
>> believe one of the PVR-500 tuners records (or did record) more poorly
>> than the other.  meaning the picture quality was significantly worse.
>> the machine doesn't get restarted too often since it's only used for
>> Myth.  but it has been restarted once or twice in the last month.
>> i'll give that a try as well. :)
>> cooling is fairly decent.  although it's possible that the machine
>> needs to be cleaned out (dust).  it's on my AV rack in the family room
>> in the basement, but it does accumulate dust over time.  i'll check
>> that as well.
>> thanks for the suggestions Kevin.
>>

> So this recording was from the pvr500? Years ago there was a driver
> problem initialization problem that caused this. But that was with
> ivtv 0.10.X. I assume you are not still using that.

i'm not sure what card(s) made the recordings.  hopefully i'll be able
to determine that tonight.  i hadn't thought to tie it to a specific
card before asking for help. :)
i'm fairly certain i'm not using ivtv 0.10X.  on my production box i'm
using whatever version of ivtv the earliest version of KnoppMyth with
MythTv .20 was using.  and the other box was a fresh install of
MythBuntu 8.10 with all recent updates applied.

--
Andrew Close