[mythtv-users] Current state of VIDEO_TS?

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 14:53:49 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 4:28 AM, Lindsay Mathieson <
lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 07:03:23 pm Ekkehard Kraemer wrote:
> > Is this still the way to go? I notice that Myth recognizes directories
> > with a VIDEO_TS as video just fine in the gallery; when I press Enter the
>
> > screen flickers but nothing happens. So it looks like Myth is trying to
> > start the video but something goes wrong.

I like to create ISO's out of everything.  That way, if I need to burn a
backup copy, I can.  I have my DVDs stored in my basement in a plastic
container.  I've heard that CDs can have have issues after 10+ years.  The
tin can tarnish over time.  Who knows if DVDs can have the same issues?  I
have taken my movies that are on two DVDs (Lord of the Rings, Goodfellas,
etc) and combined them using DVD Shrink into one ISO.  It makes it much
easier with programming Myth as Xine just keeps playing as opposed to
stopping one movie, starting the next, and then me having to choose the
correct audio (DTS in my case).  The ISO ends up being in the 11GB range,
but I've had no issues.

Jim