[mythtv-users] Myth2Ipod Problems: held off as long as I could.

Douglas Wagner douglasw0 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 00:39:44 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 11:34 PM, John Baab <john.baab at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 5:27 PM, Douglas Wagner <douglasw0 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 2:54 PM, Nick F <nikos.f at gmail.com> wrote:

> (mp4
> SIGNIFICANT

> this
> came
> this
> these
> fact
> the
> >>>
> >> Doug,
> >>
> >> Seeing as how you are using Ubuntu - have you tried mythexport?
> >> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MythExport  You can install it using
> apt.
> >> I tried to use myth2ipod, but never did too well with it.  Mythexport
> works
> >> very well for me - and creates iTunes feeds.
> >>

> > Nick: I''m having significant problems with this one also:
> >
> > Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at
> > /usr/share/perl5/MythTV/StorageGroup.pm line 57.
> > Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at /usr/bin/mythexport
> > line 181.
> > Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at
> > /usr/bin/mythexport line 244.
> > Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at
> > /usr/bin/mythexport line 244.
> > sh: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string
> > AtomicParsley error: can't open
> >
> /mnt/varchive/ipodfeed/CW11-DT,-St.-Louis-Digital-CW_Chaotic_A_Flux_Too_Far_20081.mp4
> > --genre "TV Shows" --stik "TV Show" --TVNetwork
> > CW11-DT,-St.-Louis-Digital-CW for reading: No such file or directory
> > AP error trying to fopen: No such file or directory
> > sh: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string
> > sh: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string
> > 2008-12-15 15:54:54.037 JobQueue: Finished "Encode for iPod New" for
> > "Chaotic" recorded from channel 1111 at Sat Oct 18 11:00:00 2008.
> > 2008-12-15 15:54:54.044 jobqueue: Job "Encode for iPod New" Finished:
> > Finished "Encode for iPod New" for "Chaotic" recorded from channel 1111
> at
> > Sat Oct 18 11:00:00 2008.
> >
> > The version of mythexport in place is:  mythexport 1.0-0ubuntu1 which
> > doesn't seem to match the 1.0.6 version that's out on the testing site.
> > assume, again, this is an old version of the script that doesn't work.
> >
> > I've added:
> >
> > deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/mythbuntu-testing/ubuntu hardy main
> > deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/mythbuntu-testing/ubuntu hardy main
> >
> > But those don't seem to be doing it either as if I disable all archives
> but
> > that one I get a message that there's basically nothing to install (i.e.
> > it's not seeing the archive downloads).
> >
> > You'll have to excuse me, I am a debian newbie...all my work is done in
> > redhat and apt-get is a foreign concept to me.
> >
> > Help?

> It sounds like you have the version installed from the regular ubuntu
> [...]

So I gave what John said a shot and it worked.  The mythexport script does
seem to be working well at this point.  Thank you much. :)

I did go ahead and document the myth2ipod stuff from the old myth2ipod site
(Thanks James) into the Myth Wiki.

I'd be happy to get opinions/comments on:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/IPod_Export_Solution:_Myth2iPod

--Doug