[mythtv-users] Working with DVD ISO images

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Tue Dec 16 19:29:07 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 09:57:00AM -0600, kenneth at berrypatch.net wrote:

> I need some help understanding how to use DVD ISO images.
>
> I (somehow) managed to RIP an ISO image from a damaged DVD (GREAT!).  It
> will play within Myth with everything working including the menus.

...if the disk is really damaged, and the associated files are also
damaged then I would suggest extracting out all the parts that you
would want to remaster onto a new disk and remove the corrupted parts.

[deletia]

   If the DVD is really damaged (like Order of the Phoenix) then take
it back to the store and complain. Fab quality has really gone down hill
lately. Atari 800 style copy protection hacks don't help.