[mythtv-users] Frontend lost all its menus;(

Jos Hoekstra joshoekstra at gmx.net
Tue Dec 16 13:26:42 UTC 2008

Ben Edwards schreef op 16-12-2008 14:11:
> I have recently had to rebuild my main box due to motherboard/power
> suply/video card failure.  All the backend stuff seems to be working
> (I have a couple of front end boxes) but the frontend on the main box
> is not working.  When I start up it resizes the background and
> displays the correct background but I don't get any of the menus, just
> the background wallpaper.
>
> I am running on Ubuntu ibex and have tried removing the frontend in
> apt with --purge and reinstalling it but no luck.
>
> Any Ideas,
> Ben

Had the same issue once here when the nvidia drivers wouldn't load and
OpenGL rendering was used to paint the menus. On my boxes the settings
are loaded from the backend so I had to change it via the settingspage
of mythweb, ThemePainter needed to be set to..... might be QT, but I'm
not sure.

An other option would be to look into the videodrivers ;)

Regards,

Jos Hoekstra