[mythtv-users] Playback jumped the tracks (from one recording to another)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Dec 16 06:31:48 UTC 2008

On 12/15/2008 09:19 PM, Larry K wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 4:42 PM, Nick Rout wrote:
>> Did you have the two programmes set to watch one after the other in a
>> playback group and you simply skipped past the end of the first one
>> into the second one?
> No.  Never used a playback group.  We were simply watching one program and
> skipping ahead as necessary to avoid commercials.  We we nowhere near the
> end of the program when it switched to the other program.

Just for the sake of the archives, I thought I'd mention that what Nick
was talking about was the use of a playlist, not a playback group.
Playlists are lists of shows to watch in order; whereas playback groups
are constructs that group together certain settings to be applied to
certain recordings at playback (i.e. where you specify the skip and jump
amounts and the time stretch (playback) speed; they can be configured in
mythfrontend settings under TV Settings|Playback Groups).

Not really important to your current issue--as you both were talking
about the same thing--but wanted the terminology to be correct for the
archives in case it helps someone later.

Mike