[mythtv-users] (slightly OT) Mplayer playback of myth recordings sometimes won't seek-back properly

Jeffrey J. Kosowsky mythtv at kosowsky.org
Mon Dec 15 22:31:22 UTC 2008

I typically record shows on my Linux myth backend and then copy them over to
my laptop where I watch them with cygwin mplayer under Windoze.

On maybe about 20% of my recordings, I find that for long stretches of
the playback (say 10-20 minutes) seeking-backward (any
amount)jumps back consistently to the same spot which may be up to
10-20 minutes back. This contines until I reach a point in the
recording where seeking-back works again.

The same recording doesn't have the problem when viewed in mythtv.
Not sure if this is due to a "bad recording" format (that mythtv uses
other info to compensate for) or a bug with mplayer.

Any ideas?