[mythtv-users] FaceBook Status Updates in MythTV

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Dec 15 16:42:38 UTC 2008

On Dec 14, 2008, at 11:23 PM, Brad DerManouelian wrote:

> I'll work up a new version when I have more time that will accept
> arguments for username and password as well as where to put the temp
> files so you could run like this:
> ./facebookOSD.pl -u name -p password -d /home/myhome

I posted a new version:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/FacebookOSD.pl

This one takes arguments for -email, -password and -dir for your login
information and the directory to store the working files.
I run this every 5 minutes with a cron job that looks like this:
   */5 * *   *   *    DISPLAY=:0 ./facebookOSD.pl -email me
\@mydomain.com -password mypassword -dir ~/