[mythtv-users] MythTV crash...

Jon Bishop jon.the.wise.gdrive at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 07:17:52 UTC 2008

> I've been advised that software RAID solutions don't work too well
> with
> MythTV, so I got an Adaptec controller card to manage the RAID5
> array I want
> to set up on my three Seagate 1 terabyte HDDs.

I don't know who advised you that software raid doesn't work well with
myth, but I believe they were mistaken. Perhaps what they meant to say
is that since the inclusion of recording groups, myth no longer NEEDS
any kind of raid? If you are only storing videos on the 1TB drives, I
would just mount each one to it's own mountpoint (/mnt/TB1, /mnt/TB2,
etc?) and then put a recordings folder in the root of each disk, and
add that folder to the recordings group. Raid is really unnecessary
for recordings.

~Jon