[mythtv-users] FaceBook Status Updates in MythTV

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Dec 15 01:22:37 UTC 2008

> On Dec 14, 2008, at 4:08 AM, Alex Butcher wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 13 Dec 2008, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>>
>>> 1. mythtvosd fades away before the text is done. It starts to
>>> display
>>> and then fades after a few seconds.
>>
>> Looks like there's no way of overriding that behaviour currently.
>>
>> <http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+tips+MythTV+integration
>>>
>> suggests xosd might be a better approach, for this and other reasons.

xosd worked out quite well! I posted a working version of the script
here:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/FacebookOSD.pl

Anyone is free to use it, but let me know if you have an issue or
suggestions to make it better.
This might also be a good start to getting a twitter one running or
any service that offers frequent short RSS updates.

-Brad