[mythtv-users] Video stutters with Internal DVD Player

Chris Purves chris at northfolk.ca
Sat Dec 13 16:47:48 UTC 2008

Hello,

I am having problems with DVD playback.  The video stutters slightly every few
seconds.  I have tried various decoder settings:  ffmpeg, libmpeg2, XvMC, all
to no avail.  If I set mplayer as the DVD player, the playback is smooth
(mplayer is using libmpeg2 for decoding according to the mythfrontend log) so
it does not appear to be a hardware issue.

There are no entries in mythfrontend.log when the stutter happens.

I am running mythtv 0.21 on mythbuntu.
Nvidia GeForce 7300 GT
PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-212D (SATA)

Thanks.

--
Chris Purves

"I've seen the look of a fat man having dinner." - Frank Sinatra