[mythtv-users] Two issues with Myth

Paulin paulin at spextreme.com
Sat Dec 13 02:56:42 UTC 2008

Hello all,
Not sure where to being looking to solve these problems. I'm hoping someone
can point me in the proper direction on each.

1. Mythbox (backend) seems to drop services.  The backend and the Mythweb no
longer function.  I get connection timeouts on the web, and the frontend
can't connect to the backend.  I can SSH in and the backend is running.
The problem is that recording and stuff doesn't work.  Anyway this seems to
have every day after it's been up for a while. I don't know exactly when
it's happening though.  A reboot is required to fix it.

2. I have a couple of mounts to a NetGear ReadyNAS.   The mounts on the
MythBackend are part of the fstab and they mount fine.  However every once
in a while (and may be related to item 1 above) I try to 'ls' or 'cd' into
them and the command hangs.  A reboot seems to be required on this as well.

I'm guessing these may be related but I'm not sure where to begin looking to
fix the problem or what is causing it.   Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
steve