[mythtv-users] OT: Multiseat with only one NVIDIA 6150

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Fri Dec 12 19:57:01 UTC 2008

On Fri, December 12, 2008 11:38 am, Brent Norris wrote:
> I have a ASUS m2npv-vm board that I am using for MythTV.  It outputs via
> the component adapter to my Television and I have it setup fairly well.
>
> I recently acquired a 15" ELO Touchscreen that I would like to mount in
> the wall as a touch control panel for a lot of different stuff in my
> house and since I am thinking about having it close to the frontend that
> has the m2npv-vm in it I thought I might use the vga connector that is
> onboard to run it.
>
> I would like to run a separate X session on the VGA for the touch panel
> and leave my frontend X setup alone, but all of the multiseat stuff that
> I have seen talks about having two cards in the machine.  Does anyone
> have any good guides on doing multiseat just using the same card?
>
> Has anyone done it with a setup like this?

http://wiki.c3sl.ufpr.br/multiseat/index.php/NVidia_multiseat

I've had troubles with Xephyr 1.5.3; I've downgraded to 1.5.0 to see if
that fixes things.

You will also want

http://wiki.c3sl.ufpr.br/multiseat/index.php/How_to_make_the_sound_work

You can't use XvMC with the above setup, but on my Athlong X2 4600+ I can
run HD with about 60% CPU usage on one core.

--Yan

--
  o__

You are an adult when you realize that everyone's an idiot sometimes. You
are wise when you include yourself.