[mythtv-users] Occasional missed recordings

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 02:47:32 UTC 2008

I know that in the past there have been several here including me that
have discussed occasionally missing recordings...where the backend
logs look as though everything's fine but the file simply isn't there,
and the watch recordings screen shows it as 0 GB.

I have this once in a great while but tonight it happened on both The
Office and 30 Rock on NBC (OTA DTV).  In both cases the log looked
like this:

2008-12-11 21:00:02.982 Started recording: The Office "Moroccan
Christmas": channel 1041 on cardid 2, sourceid 1
2008-12-11 21:00:03.544 TVRec(1): Changing from None to RecordingOnly
2008-12-11 21:00:03.552 TVRec(1): HW Tuner: 1->1

...with no errors, but I discovered it like 10 minutes into the show
with no file there.  The only error I ever see when this happens is
the error when deleting the recording (as it can't find the file to
delete):

2008-12-11 21:08:27.632 Error deleting
'/GetPlaybackURL/UNABLE/TO/FIND/LOCAL/FILE/ON/mythback/1041_2
0081211210000.mpg' could not open
                        eno: No such file or directory (2)
2008-12-11 21:08:27.659 Delete Error
'/GetPlaybackURL/UNABLE/TO/FIND/LOCAL/FILE/ON/mythback/1041_200
81211210000.mpg'
                        eno: No such file or directory (2)

The weather's pretty bad here today but reception on NBC looks fine.
After I deleted it I was able to go into live TV and hit record to
start recording what was left and it worked fine.

Has anyone ever found any clue as to what might cause that sort of
thing?  Like I said, it'd generally really rare for me.  I'm really
surprised to have it happen twice in a row.

Tom