[mythtv-users] HD Playback jerkey until I exit and resume show

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 18:26:43 UTC 2008

This is an issue I deal with and thought I would throw it out to the group.

When I play HD shows on my 2.6GHz P4 FE only system, whenever I skip ahead
the show is very jerky, basically unwatchable.  I hit escape and exit the
show then hit enter to start again from where I left off (auto bookmarking
is on) and it plays perfectly.  Pausing is not the same as exiting so
basically I never pause, I just exit and restart.
SD plays fine.

I can live with it, but it is annoying.  I never have this problem on my
BE/FE main system that has a much more powerful processor.

So, if someone knows how to fix this, I am interested.  It this is a generic
problem, perhaps this post will help others with this work around.

Allen