[mythtv-users] RSS feed of mythtv-users

Ian Clark mrrooster at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 14:51:31 UTC 2008

2008/12/11 Brian Wood <beww at beww.org>:
> On Wednesday 10 December 2008 19:50:37 stan wrote:

[snip]

> I think some permutations of EMACS, and I think Pine, can do this. Others
> probably can do so as well, google around.

ALPINE for PINE now. :)

> Most modern MUAs will allow you to automatically move everything from a list
> (like this one) to a specified directory thus making the high volume less of
> a problem perhaps, especially if you thread them. You still have to DL the
> same amount of info, even with a digest, unless the number of mails is the
> problem and not the total amount of data.

FWIW I find google mail excellent for reading this list, you can
create a label for the mailing llist and have it bypass your inbox,
(eg, I have a mythTV link on the left, with an unread count, never see
it in my main inbox.)

Also there's a google labs feature allowing you to bookmark any
bookmarkable URL in google mail, using this and a search for
'label:mythtv is:sent' allows you to keep up with discussions you're
involved in too.

> I'm not discouraging RSS feeds, they can certainly be useful.

I don't know weather the list maintainer would allow it, but gmane
(http://www.gmane.org/) is quite useful for reading maililnig lists,
it exposes them as an nntp news feed. Very handy. :)