[mythtv-users] RSS feed of mythtv-users

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Dec 11 03:31:10 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 10 December 2008 19:50:37 stan wrote:

> RSS feeds are handy.  There's too much volume for me to get individual
> e-mails so I subscribe to the digests.  But the digests are difficult to
> scroll through for each e-mail, and replying is very difficult.

Some MUAs can "burst" a digest, but not many can. If done properly your inbox
will look just as if you had received the messages individually.

I think some permutations of EMACS, and I think Pine, can do this. Others
probably can do so as well, google around.

Most modern MUAs will allow you to automatically move everything from a list
(like this one) to a specified directory thus making the high volume less of
a problem perhaps, especially if you thread them. You still have to DL the
same amount of info, even with a digest, unless the number of mails is the
problem and not the total amount of data.

I'm not discouraging RSS feeds, they can certainly be useful.

--
beww
beww at beww.org