[mythtv-users] Using DirecTV

Joe Wilson wilson.joe at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 23:57:44 UTC 2008

I know its a bit pricey and out of my range, that is why I was wanting
to just use the MCE remote and ir blaster
I just purchased for my project.. But Im seriously thinking about
trying the USB TV Translator from
Paterson Technology. I have a family member that forked out the extra
money for a tivo and has alot of extra
cables that are serial to usb that I might check into also...? Getting
rid of the blue OSD from DirecTV by using
a cable might well be worth the $40 on a cable.. hmm.. LOL... if
anything I can setup the ir transmitters that
came with my remote to possibly work with my stereo... hmm... thanks
for everyones feed back.. Im getting
tired of digging for old scripts and running into the same fork in the road..