[mythtv-users] Nvidia 9400 motherboard GIGABYTE GA-E7AUM-DS2H LGA

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 19:49:34 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 12:58 PM, Chuck Peters <cp at ccil.org> wrote:
> I am building a machine for Dad and got him a 24" widescreen LCD
> SAMSUNG 2433BW with a recommended resolution of 1920 x 1200. I read in
> some forums that many of these Nvidia 9300/9400 boards do not support
> Dual Link DVI and may not allow higher resolutions on these types on
> 24" LCD's. I wrote Gigabyte and they said:
> It supports:
> Max. Analog Resolution 2048 × 1536
> Max Digital Resolution 2560 × 1600
> dual-link DVI, and HDMI
>

> I was looking at the new Nvidia 9300/9400 boards because of the
> upcoming myth support for VDPAU.  However it is much more important
> that I get something reliable, if the past is any indication he will
> be using this machine for 5 years or more.  Do you think this
> motherboard is a good choice?
>
> So far not too many people have reviewed the board on Newegg {1] and I
> haven't seen any Linux/Ubuntu users on the avsforum thread. [2]
>
> Has anyone tried this board out with MythTV or Ubuntu yet?
>
> Thanks,
> Chuck
>
> 1. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128363
> 2. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1087407&page=6

another option is the  ASUS P5N7A-VM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131348

which is fundamentally the same board, with slightly different options
available to it.

Both are good boards from the reviews I've seen. I've been looking at
them too for an upgrade to my main frontend.

--
Steve
http://www.jobs-khakis-chicks.com/MythTV/