[mythtv-users] Huge log files in mythbuntu

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 12:46:37 UTC 2008

On 10/12/2008, Damian <damian at gingermagic.co.uk> wrote:
>  >> On a second look, it's my mythfrontend logs that have gone crazy.
>   >> Backend logs are about 800kb Frontend logs are about 3 GB!!!
>   >>
>   >> Sorry for not seeing this sooner. Mad few days here and little/no time
>   >> free for myth checking. Need to sort this out as soon as possible
>  though
>   >> because the disk just keeps filling up and breaking other things!
>   >
>   >Simply "rinse and repeat" the commands you already used, but substitute
>   >the word "frontend" where you used "backend" last time.
>   >
>   >Teach a man to fish ... :-)
>

> Sorry to sound so dim (as I'm sure this does to anyone who just knows),
>  but aren't the commands I have used about finding out what the current
>  settings are? It doesn't tell me how to change them.
>
>  I'm smart enough (just :-) ) to change swap backend for frontend in the
>  commands I ran. My problem is that I have no free time for Myth in the
>  next couple of days and in the mean time frontend logs are filling up my
>  system to bursting point. I'd like to turn them off for the time being.

i) Locate the script that mythfrontend is being started from. Check
/usr/bin and /usr/local/bin for starters.

If you are starting it via the remote control, check your .lircrc file
for a script bound to the Power or Go button.

The ps output may well still list the script if it doesn't exit after
starting mythfrontend.

ii) Edit the script to remove the logging command
iii) Restart mythfrontend in the normal way for your system.

If you can't find the script, exit from mythfrontend via the menu, and
start it manually.

Nick

--
Nick Morrott