[mythtv-users] Recent Hulu Developments

DISAFAN disafan at aim.com
Wed Dec 10 01:29:40 UTC 2008

http://blog.hulu.com/2008/12/9/new-site-features

In this recent Hulu blog entry, they note...

"The second feature we've introduced today allows you to watch any Hulu
video embedded on any site in full-screen mode. To use this feature from
a blog or website with an embedded Hulu video (such as this blog; I've
embedded the first video blog from /Late Night with Jimmy Fallon/
<http://www.hulu.com/late-night-with-jimmy-fallon>, Conan's future
replacement, in today's post), just start playing the video. When the
video begins, move your mouse over the Hulu player and a small button to
go full screen will appear in the upper right corner, next to the search
bar. Hulu's keyboard shortcuts -- "f" to go full screen, "space" to
pause, "escape" to return to normal view -- also work in this mode. (Our
full-screen feature only works when using a single monitor; the Flash
software we use to stream videos doesn't support full-screen mode with
dual monitors.)"

First, it notes two keyboard shortcuts that could theoretically be used
to automate. F to go full screen. Space to Play/Pause. The second is
enabling full-screen mode in embedded video and in the stand-alone player.

In theory, that would mean all someone needs to do is bring focus to the
flash window somehow, then throw an F, then have Pause/Play respond to
the remote.

Wonder if we can convince them to add a URL based option to launch
full-screen.