[mythtv-users] Crippling load spike on FE/BE - cause unknown?

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Tue Dec 9 16:43:53 UTC 2008

On Monday 08 December 2008 12:22:56 Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> There is sometimes a bad interaction with the Composite extension and
> nvidia drivers for the 6xxx, 7xxx & 8xxx cards which results in the
> Xorg CPU usage going to 100% while video is playing. If your Xorg
> CPU usage jumps to 100% when this occurs, try disabling the composite
> extension, or switching to legacy nvidia drivers which don't exhibit
> this behaviour.

I must say, I was really hoping to come home this morning to find that this
simple thing was the solution, but it didn't change a thing:
http://messinet.com/~amessina/mythtv_load2.png

Any other suggestions about this? OP here: http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-
users/2008-December/241129.html)
8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E