[mythtv-users] Live tv gives blue screen, but videos work fine

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Mon Dec 8 18:54:23 UTC 2008

>Hello, I have a laptop that I use for a mythfrontend. It has an external
lcd hooked up to it since
>the main lcd is broken.
>
>I can't for the life of me get live tv to work. I have videos set to play
with mplayer, and that
>seems to be working, but live tv only shows a blue image. The laptop is an
IBM R50 with an ATI
>Radeon Mobility 7500 video card.

OK, attached is the mythtv frontend playback log. This was just hitting live
tv (SD TV) for about a minute, then exiting. The lines I thought were most
important are:

VideoOutputXv: Unreasonable refresh rate 247070Hz reported by X
nVidiaVideoSync: Could not open device /dev/nvidia0, No such device or
address

-Thanks
-Steve