[mythtv-users] Audio over HDMI - in Shuttle XPC

David Baldaro david at baldaro.me.uk
Mon Dec 8 17:02:26 UTC 2008

Folks, I have a Myth BE/FE running Ubuntu 8.10 - it's a Shuttle SG33G5M with
an Intel G31Chipset and integrated HDMI port at the rear. Everything is has
been running fine for ages - but I am now looking to use the HDMI properly.

At the moment video through the HDMI is perfect - however I get no audio.

System>Preferences>Sound shows that I can select "HDA Intel ATI HDMI (ALSA)"
as a source for my audio - however I get no audio through my TV.

Audio through ALSA, OSS works fine.

Any ideas? What can I check?
I would really like to avoid having to run HDMI and Audio cables together -
one HDMI is preferred.