[mythtv-users] Problem with MythVideo.

Mark Jenks mjenks1968 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 02:23:54 UTC 2008

I am running Fedora 9 w/ mythtv-0.21-13.fc9.i386.

I ripped a DVD to .avi, and I can play it with xine and mplayer.  It came
across as a xvid, which is fine.

In Mythvideo, the video shows up, and if I select it, it doesn't do
anything.   It does play the .iso that I ripped afterwards with no problems.

If I go into Video settings, File extensions, I see avi there, and have
deleted and re-added it back again.

But, here is the catch.  I can only enter player.  The 2 checkboxed under
the player (3rd & 4th) boxes, don't have a checkbox.  It's like something is
broken in MythVideo.

I tried to change the internal to xine -pfhq, and that doesn't work either.

So, 2 things, why won't MythVideo play my .avi file, when I can with it with
xine or mplayer (No codec issue), and what is wrong with the settings in
File Extensions?

Thanks in advance!

-Mark