[mythtv-users] How to set up remote access to mythweb?

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 21:26:02 UTC 2008

Okay, I have read several wiki entries on the mythweb site, but I
haven't been able to wrap my head around how to accomplish this.  I
have an internet connection with a major ISP which includes a DHCP
connection, so no static IP address on the net.  My Myth system is
behind a firewall/router.  The good news is the firewall/router has
two capabilities I think will be useful in accomplishing this, but I'm
not sure how to connect all the dots.  It can support a DynDNS setup
and it can do what I think is called port-forwarding -- allowing
incoming traffic on a particular port go to a particular system behind
the firewall.

So, what are the steps required to be able to browse my mythweb page
from a system outside my LAN, such as when I'm visiting my parents,
etc.?

Craig.