[mythtv-users] Mythrename seektable question

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Dec 6 16:53:29 UTC 2008

On 12/06/2008 07:34 AM, Phil Bridges wrote:
> Thanks.  Is there a way to bulk-rebuild my video directory?  I tried
> the * wildcard, but mythcommflag errored out:
>
>  movies #mythcommflag --video *
> 2008-12-06 07:32:06.010 Illegal option: '28_Weeks_Later.mpg' (use --help)

Really, you should be using --file to specify the filename.  And, more
importantly, without --rebuild, you're not rebuilding seektables.  See
the --help and/or the wiki page (
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Repairing_the_Seektable ).

> The single movie name appears to work, though:
>
>  movies # mythcommflag --video 28_Weeks_Later.mpg

The supported way of running it on multiple files is with a script, such as:

for $file in *; do
  mythcommflag --rebuild --video --file $file
done

though some claim it will work with wildcards.

Mike